Showering Our Heroes
Are you or someone you know a Veteran and in need of a FREE shower safety upgrade? We are looking for submissions for Showering Our Heroes: Veterans Edition and we need your help!
To enter to win or nominate a veteran, please fill out the form below!
The deadline to enter is September 18th!
Showering Our Heroes is where Fairbanks Construction goes out into the community to find a local hero in need of safety upgrades for their shower. For this edition, we are looking for Veterans.To be eligible for this contest all contestant must meet the follow requirements:
- All contestants must be a Veteran with mobility issues.
- All contestants must have a bathroom that needs safety upgrades.
- All contestants must be located in current service area which consists of: Marion, Lake, Sumter, Citrus, or Alachua County.
- All contestants must allow the use of photographs, video, audio, testimonial for publicity purposes.
- All contestants must be the homeowner.
- Project must be done in Veteran’s home.
Fairbanks Construction and its affiliates are not responsible for pre-existing conditions of work area both hidden and visible and any additional costs to repair/replace existing location to accommodate bath upgrade. Installation of product subject to inspection of proposed work area by Fairbanks Construction to determine feasibility for proper install. In the event that winner’s existing bath area does not qualify a new winner will be selected. Fairbanks Construction can add value up to $9000.00.
Learn about past winners!
Korea & Vietnam Veteran
During his time in the army, Mr. Collins served two terms in Korea and two terms in Vietnam. While fighting for our country, he blew out his knees, hips and shoulders by jumping out of helicopters to save his fellow soldiers.
Mr. Collins had no hot water and it was unsafe for him to bathe in his current shower. He was more than deserving of this bath crash and we did it up big for him!
During the Bath Crash Mr. Collins kept a huge smile on his face. He kept repeating “I can’t believe this is all happening.”
United States Army Veteran