Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you accept projects located in Tampa? / What is your service area?
We currently only install Kohler walk-in tubs in Tampa.
Each product we offer has a different service area:
- For sunrooms and windows, we serve North Central Florida.
- For general bathroom remodeling, our service area spans as far south as Brevard County and as far north as Nassau County.
- For Kohler walk-in tubs, we serve the entire state.
Please contact us with any specific questions about the areas we serve.
2. Do you offer free quotes?
Yes, we would be happy to provide you with a free price quote on any upgrades you’re considering for your home.
3. How many years’ experience do you have?
Gordon Fairbanks started in the construction industry in 1980, before founding Fairbanks Construction in 1990. Our team has a combined 100 years of industry experience.
4. I have some general remodeling ideas; can you help me establish which ideas will work best for my situation?
Yes, it would be our pleasure to speak with you about any specific ideas you have for your home and help you determine which of our home upgrades will best achieve your goals. Contact us to schedule a complimentary consultation.
5. What are your payment options? / What is the payment schedule?
You can either pay cash or utilize one of our financing options. Payment schedules vary depending on the particular project.
6. Do you provide clean-up and debris removal upon completion of a remodeling job?
Yes, as part of our turnkey service, we’ll thoroughly clean up the job site after the installation is completed, returning your home to its previous condition.
7. Will I be able to request or change things during the project?
Although changes are rarely required once a project is underway, we’ll make every effort to ensure that the agreed-upon scope of work meets your needs and expectations.
8. Can you help with the design phase of my project?
Yes, whether we’re installing windows, walk-in showers, or any other products, we’ll take the time to walk you through all of your design options so that you can have confidence you’re making the best choices for your home.
9. How long does a remodeling project typically take from start to finish?
From the time of the initial consultation until completion, projects can take as little as a week up to several weeks, depending on the particular project.
10. Are you licensed and insured?
We’re fully licensed and insured at both the state level and in the local areas we serve.
11. Do you provide a service warranty? / Is there a warranty for your service or for the materials you’ll be using?
Many of our products come backed by a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer, and we offer a longer labor warranty than most companies.
12. Do you require a down payment?
Yes, we require a down payment since most of our products are custom-ordered for the particular project.
13. Does someone need to be home during the day when we are under construction?
Yes, in most cases, someone will need to be at the home while we’re working.
14. Will you obtain the permits and set up the inspections required for this job?
Yes, if permits and inspections are needed, we can handle this for the homeowner.
15. How and where will tools and materials be stored if the job spans multiple days?
Depending on the project, our tools and materials will be stored either at the job site or our warehouse.
16. What steps will you take to protect my property?
Our highly trained team will make every possible effort before, during, and after the installation to prevent damage to your home and neighboring homes.